[BRLTTY] Slow cursor routing

Vikash Kesarwani vikash.kesarwani at kritikalsolutions.com
Tue Jun 5 03:54:46 EDT 2018

On Mon, Jun 4, 2018 at 4:13 PM, Dave Mielke <Dave at mielke.cc> wrote:

> [quoted lines by Vikash Kesarwani on 2018/06/04 at 11:38 +0530]
>
> That makes a difference. On Android it's possible to move the cursor
> directly
> to where you want it to be, but that isn't true on Linux. The way it needs
> be done on Linux is to inject arrow key presses, one at a time, and watch
> where
> the cursor goes. Tehre are lots of complications, e.g. wrapped lines,
> scrolling
> screens, status line updates, and programs that, for example, move the
> cursor
> from link to link (as lynx does) ratehr than from character to character.

   I gathered this much from documentation

> There've been updates to cursor routing so you may wish to upgrade to 5.6.

   Will check it.

> Could you give me an idea of what you're wanting to do?

    Since it takes some time to move cursor, so braille window keeps
changing, and so does my braille display.
    So when I move cursor from one position to other, braille display
refreshes multiple times, before it reaches
    on the final cursor position. So I was wondering if it is possible to
know when cursor routing has finished, then
    I can block the braille display update until the cursor routing has
finished. This will make the braille display
    refresh only once. Though this is a workaround, but it still will be
better experience, in my opinion.