[BRLTTY] Repeated Bluetooth pairing request on Android

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Mar 6 07:46:35 EST 2018

[quoted lines by Dave Mielke on 2018/03/06 at 06:50 -0500]

>I agree with you that retrying every few seconds isn't nice, but I haven't yet
>come up with a better way to do it. There's no obvious way for brltty to know
>that a new Bluetooth device has been turned on, come within range, etc.

You've given me an idea. I wonder what you, and others, think of it:

Brltty could have a setting (or maybe it should jsut do it) to put an on/off
control into a notification. This'd make it easy for a user to turn brltty off
when he/she doesn't want to use a braille device, e.g. when going out
somewhere. Additionally, locking/reawakening the Android device could
automatically turn brltty back on again in case it's turned off by mistake.

Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | WebHome: http://Mielke.cc/
EMail: Dave at Mielke.cc | Ottawa, Ontario   | Twitter: @Dave_Mielke
Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |