[BRLTTY] New Android apk.

Robert Pösel robyer at seznam.cz
Thu Mar 22 07:09:00 EDT 2018

Hi,

quick comment about notification: It shouldn't be showed when BRLTTY
service is disabled. Currently when I enable BRLTTY service,
notification is showed, when I disable it, it hides the notification for
a moment, but in few seconds shows it again (with text "Waiting").

And similar situation with "Release Braille Device" option. When BRLTTY
is disabled and I open its settings and change the option, notification
gets showed.

Note when I set "Release Braille Device" to true and then disable BRLTTY
service as a whole, notification is hide and won't show up automatically
unless I start the service again (which is correct) or until I change
the "Release Braille Device" option again (which is wrong as described
above).

Another small issue is that notification icon is all black (at least on
newer Android versions), because Android shows notification icons only
in single color (either pixel is black, or fully transparent) and as
your icon is normal (full color, not transparent) bitmap, it shows all
pixels as black.

Also, perhaps you already know this, but since Android API 20 you can
show up to 3 actions (buttons) on notification, e.g., you can add action
to quickly switch the "Release Braille Device" option. See
https://developer.android.com/reference/android/app/Notification.Builder.html#addAction(android.app.Notification.Action)

Robert