[BRLTTY] New Android apk.

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Mar 22 08:48:05 EDT 2018

[quoted lines by Robert Pösel on 2018/03/22 at 12:09 +0100]

>quick comment about notification: It shouldn't be showed when BRLTTY
>service is disabled. Currently when I enable BRLTTY service,
>notification is showed, when I disable it, it hides the notification
>for a moment, but in few seconds shows it again (with text
>"Waiting").

Thanks. I'll look into these.

>Another small issue is that notification icon is all black (at least
>on newer Android versions), because Android shows notification icons
>only in single color (either pixel is black, or fully transparent)

I'm aware of this problem. I didn't want to wait till it could be resolved,
though, before asking for feedback on the recent changes. The problem is that
I'm looking for someone who can do some visual image stuff for me. Are you good
at that? If so, I'll tell you what I'm looking for.

My understanding is that the icon should be white (not black) foreround and
transparent background.

>Also, perhaps you already know this, but since Android API 20 you can
>show up to 3 actions (buttons) on notification, e.g., you can add
>action to quickly switch the "Release Braille Device" option. See https://developer.android.com/reference/android/app/Notification.Builder.html#addAction(android.app.Notification.Action)

I do know about the actions, but hadn't yet thought about what they might be.
Yours is a good suggestion. Thanks.

Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | WebHome: http://Mielke.cc/
EMail: Dave at Mielke.cc | Ottawa, Ontario   | Twitter: @Dave_Mielke
Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |