[BRLTTY] screen driver in brlapi

Nicolas Pitre nico at fluxnic.net
Mon Nov 12 14:35:20 EST 2018

On Mon, 12 Nov 2018, Tage Johansson wrote:

> How ever, I have still one question.
>
> Revents is allways set to 10. Wich means that both the POLLPRI and POLLERR
> flags are set.
>
> Why is the POLLERR flag set? Is there still a problem with my code?

No, this is expected. Because /dev/vcsa is not a real stream device, the
poll() semantics are stretched a bit beyond its formal POSIX definition.
All kernel interfaces that aren't actual data stream you may poll() will
return with POLLPRI|POLLERR bits set when changes to the existing data
occur.

Nicolas