[BRLTTY] Input from HelpTech Actilino

Mario Lang mlang at blind.guru
Wed Nov 14 08:56:54 EST 2018

Lars Bjørndal <lars at lamasti.net> writes:

> Hi, Mario!
>
> You wrote:
>
>> Lars Bjørndal <lars at lamasti.net> writes:
>>
>> > My point is that I can do pretty much without a QWERTY keyboard,
>> > while using the keyboard on Actilino for input. However, in the
>> > defualt keyboard layout, I cannot find a funcion to simulate the Home
>> > and End functions.
>>
>> What about adding the following to /etc/brltty/Input/ht/joystick.kti:
>>
>> bind Left+Action KEY_HOME
>> bind Right+Action KEY_END
>> bind Up+Action KEY_PAGE_UP
>> bind Down+Action KEY_PAGE_DOWN
>>
>> Does that work for you?
>
> No, sorry. Nothing happens when I press these combinations. Please find a debug log attached.

This is sad, because it would be quite a good binding.
Do you have any suggestions which key combination to use for these?

We are a bit stuck since the HandyTech input mode is not the same as
with most other braille displays.  The reason for this is that we are
(ab)using the two space keys for typing characters with the control
and/or meta (alt) modifiers.  This is very useful at times, but also
means that we don't have classical chord command bindings.
We could in theory switch over to how chords are done with most other
displays.
However, we'd loose control and meta modifiers.
On the other hand, we'd win bindings like Chord+Dot2+Dot3 (PageUp) and
Chord+Dot5+Dot6 (PageDown).

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕