[BRLTTY] BRTTY Freeze

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Tue Dec 3 14:16:42 EST 2019

[quoted lines by John J. Boyer on 2019/12/03 at 11:07 -0600]

>My Debian Buster machine with its brltty package and a pack mate display has
>been freezing from time to time. When it did that today i logged in as root
>from another machine and typed "service brltty restart". The Linux machine
>recovered. the pack mate display has been behaving a bit strangely, but maybe
>BRLTTY could be made a bit more robust.

Brltty does things like use non-blocking I/O and subject each I/O operation to
a timeout, so it's hard to see where it might be getting stuck. Also, if this
were a general problem then I'd expect that we'd be getting a lot more reports
of it.

These things being said, it's always possible that there's something about your
particular environment which is being a catalyst. Could you keep a running
debug log so that we'll have something to look at the next time it happens?

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |