[BRLTTY] closing individual apps from the recent apps screen in recent Android versions

henk.abma at gmail.com henk.abma at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 12:51:55 EST 2019

Hi Dave,

You wrote:

If you're referring to the Actions item within the Local Context menu, no,
that's specific to TalkBack. Something like it could be added to brltty,
though. I think, however, that there's still a way for you to do it.

HA:
As far as I know, Actions are an accessibility thing, that app creators can
add to their app. The Local context menu is just TalkBack's way of
interacting with them. That's why you see some apps with actions available
and most without any. Because app creators haven't found the beauty of them
yet.

You wrote:
If you're on the name of an app within the Overview (formerly Recent Apps)
screen, you can hold (long click) it. With brltty, you can do this via the
third routing key. This brings up a list of the app's shortcuts, one of
which is always App Info. From an app's App Info screen you can stop it,
uninstall it, etc.

HA:
Unfortunately it doesn't. I only hear a beep when I try. Also long-pressing
on the screen with TB active (double tap and hold) don't present any menu.

With kind regards,

Henk.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |