[BRLTTY] Using brlapi simultaneous read and write

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Sat Apr 4 18:12:57 EDT 2020

Hello,

Yes, 6 years later, I have both a Windows VM and motivation to take some
time for this.

Siju Samuel, le ven. 13 déc. 2013 17:24:04 -0600, a ecrit:
> When we try to  read and write simultaneously ,  read is handing until a
> keypress is made.

I believe I understood what was happening. Windows seems to have
extremely small buffering on named pipes, and will very quickly make I/O
block. I have made the brltty daemon request larger buffers than the
default, and at least the testcase I could see hang now doesn't hang any
more. This should become available in brltty 6.1.

Samuel