[BRLTTY] focussing difference when using TalkBack with- and without brltty

henk.abma at gmail.com henk.abma at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 14:55:21 EDT 2020

Hi,

I'm not sure if I brought this one up before, if so, I apologize.

TalkBack has some form of smart focusing, which means that if you visit a
screen you visited recently, focus will return to the place where it was
when you last visited the screen.

This can be seen at work in news apps like our local NOS app. After reading
an article and goin back to the list, TalkBack will place you back in the
list, with the title of the last read article in focus. If I enable brltty
together with TalkBack, focus returns somewhere near the top of the screen,
which means I have to scan through the list of articles again, to find where
I was.

Is it possible to not interfere with TB's focusing?

With kind regards,

Henk.