[BRLTTY] BRLTTY, systemd and unprivileged user

John Covici covici at ccs.covici.com
Sat Aug 22 06:15:25 EDT 2020

Hi.  I had this problem of starting and stopping of brltty and it only
happened when the actual braille driver initialization failed.  Since,
I have no brltty user and don't want one, brltty happily runs as root
with the argument -p /run/brltty.pid.  It seems to be started by a
generated systemd unit in the  /run/systemd/units directory.  It never
tries to mount /var/run or anything like that -- anyway on my system,
/var/run is just a symlink to /run.

I hope this helps you.