[BRLTTY] Are changes needed for systemd 247.1?

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Tue Dec 8 16:21:18 EST 2020

[quoted lines by Alexander Epaneshnikov on 2020/12/08 at 23:35 +0300]

>cano't believe! two days and finally. we don't need device unit.
>i modified rule:
>ENV{SYSTEMD_WANTS}+="brltty at .service"

Then we'd have no way to fix the relative path problem, so I think keeping the
device part is good. It also means that we can now treat devices different from
paths. So I'm okay with keeping it.

>now I'm a little angry with myself. walking around for two days and not
>understanding simple things.

Not at all! Sure, things are simple when we fnially learn how they work, but
we've both learned a lot from all of this that we didn't already know. I think
it's been a good experience and that you shouldn't be so hard on yourself. I
also think we have a nicer set of rules/units now, and that wouldn't have
happened.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |