[BRLTTY] change voice of speech-despatcher

Alexander Epaneshnikov aarnaarn2 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 15:31:40 EST 2020

25.12.2020 22:51, Dave Mielke пишет:
> [quoted lines by Alexander Epaneshnikov on 2020/12/25 at 22:21 +0300]
>
>> first time  i get brltty version spoken by needed espeak voice.
> Would you iterpret that to mean that the new (sd:name) parameter is at least
> setting the right property?
yes

>> but it's in English.
> Is it possible that the name you're using is only known as an English voice?
maybe.
I commented language definition. and changed name parameter from max to
Russian+Max. now all is working.
>> then i get pause and brltty starts speaking with default espeak voice in
>> russian.
> I'm not a speech user, and definitely unfamiliar with sd. Maybe I could do some
> testing if you were to send me the parameters that you're using.

as I understand sd language parameter conflicts with name parameter. so
if we
want to change speech-despatcher voice, we need to define language as
part of
the name.
this behavior is not very intuitive, but it is fine for me.

--
Sincerely, Alexander.