[BRLTTY] fixing up my gentoo install

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Thu Dec 31 19:45:05 EST 2020

On 12/31/20 7:18 PM, John Covici wrote:
> Hi.  I have made some progress, but I have to insert some files
> manually in the "live" system -- gentoo does the install to a sandbox
> directory.  So, pretty much everything in /etc needs to be done
> manually.

Can you specify options at the .configure stage that give the
appropriate temporary directories? Most packaging systems will use a
temporary build directory to "install" the files included in the
package, so you should be able to use the configure script to take care
of this, and then just run a "make install" normally.