[BRLTTY] Android: getting to the more optons menu in PureWriter with brltty

henk.abma at gmail.com henk.abma at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 15:40:17 EST 2020

Hello,

There is a text editor called purewriter which seems reasonably accessible,
at least with TalkBack.
With BrlTTY something strange happens when trying to access the More Options
menu at the right top of the screen.
When activating this menu, the cursor stays in the text area, so you cannot
navigate this menu using brltty.
When you navigate the menu with TalkBack's swipe gestures, the options are
spoken, very briefly displayed on the braille display, after which brltty
immediately returns to the text cursor.

If I touch a menu item using one finger, the item is shown on the braille
display as long as I leave my finger there. When I lift it, brltty returns
to the text focus.

As said, TalkBack navigates this menu fine, however the particular user I am
trying to help, is dependant on braille output.

I have tried to disable cursor tracking etc. However that doesn't appear to
work.

With kind regards,

Henk.