[BRLTTY] Android: custom data files, BrlAPI and LineageOs

Aura Kelloniemi kaura.dev at sange.fi
Fri May 29 02:03:33 EDT 2020

Hi

I have read through README.Android and it refers to custom data files on mmc
and to BrlAPI server.

My question is, how do I utilize these on Android?

Where (which path, with which permissions, etc.) do I store custom text tables
and keymaps? And how does BrlAPI work on Android — specifically, how does it
detect which application should be controlling the display?

Also, has anybody run BRLTTY on LineageOs, and if so, what were the results?

Then I have another question that is related to BrlAPI: would it be possible to
run in Android a chroot or a container which runs a regular GNU userland with
BRLTTY (possibly with the "GNU screen" screen driver and with the BrlAPI
braille driver backed by the BrlAPI server running in Android userspace)?

--
Aura