[BRLTTY] Android: custom data files, BrlAPI and LineageOs

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Fri May 29 04:21:23 EDT 2020

Hello,

Aura Kelloniemi, le ven. 29 mai 2020 09:03:33 +0300, a ecrit:
> And how does BrlAPI work on Android — specifically, how does it
> detect which application should be controlling the display?

There would have to be something in Android to tell brltty so, like
xbrlapi does by calling brlapi_setFocus.

Or possibly brltty could determine it by itself in a screen driver.

> would it be possible to run in Android a chroot or a container which
> runs a regular GNU userland with BRLTTY (possibly with the "GNU
> screen" screen driver and with the BrlAPI braille driver backed by the
> BrlAPI server running in Android userspace)?

I don't know the communication capabilities of a chroot or a container
on Android, but BrlAPI can use a Unix socket or a TCP/IP socket, I guess
that could be used.

Samuel