[BRLTTY] Android: Web page navigation.

henk.abma at gmail.com henk.abma at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 18:27:40 EDT 2020

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: BRLTTY <brltty-bounces at brltty.app> Namens Dave Mielke
Verzonden: dinsdag 1 september 2020 21:45
Aan: Informal discussion between users and developers of BRLTTY.
<brltty at brltty.app>
Onderwerp: Re: [BRLTTY] Android: Web page navigation.

[quoted lines by henk.abma at gmail.com on 2020/09/01 at 10:12 +0200]

>For some reason my first attempts in getting this to work failed,
>subsequent ones were successful.

Do you remember what went wrong the first time? If it was that the new key
bindings didn't work then it's probably that the updated table was installed
after the braille driver started.

I heard the expected sounds, when I pressed 2,5,7,8,space, however keys like
h didn't work. I'll try again when I reboot my phone.

> When navigating by heading, e.g. in the brltty documentation for
>Android, TalkBack announces the correct heading, however the braille
>display is located at the top of the page where the title is displayed.

Are you saying that it stays on the title, or that it's initially there. I
have a test page where navigating by heading does work, although when
initially going to that page it does initially go to the title.

No, it stays at the title. If I start reading from there, I am some lines
above the location of the actual heading. However, when I swipe right on the
phone after I press h, both TalkBack and brltty move correctly to the next
line. I'll play around some more and will be using other structural elements
as well.

>Also I would like to know what is the way to read the page
>continuously, I mean is there a way to have the page scroll ones you hit
the border.

Are you referring to when using structural navigation or when navigating
with regular brltty commands?

Both. I thought I could scroll using space+routing 5, however that does
something completely different,  can't remember what. So for now I use
TalkBack's scrolling functions to navigate to the next screen.

With kind regards,

Henk.