[BRLTTY] Android: Web page navigation.

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Tue Sep 1 15:44:56 EDT 2020

[quoted lines by henk.abma at gmail.com on 2020/09/01 at 10:12 +0200]

>For some reason my first attempts in getting this to work failed, subsequent
>ones were successful.

Do you remember what went wrong the first time? If it was that the new key
bindings didn't work then it's probably that the updated table was installed
after the braille driver started.

>It looks like I have to enable the mode using 2,5,7,8 (+ spacebar) and
>disable the mode using 7,8 without the spacebar.

Yes, that's correct. I've added a note to not use Space when leaving the mode
to the document.

>When navigating by heading, e.g. in the brltty documentation for Android,
>TalkBack announces the correct heading, however the braille display is
>located at the top of the page where the title is displayed.

Are you saying that it stays on the title, or that it's initially there. I have
a test page where navigating by heading does work, although when initially
going to that page it does initially go to the title.

>Also I would like to know what is the way to read the page continuously, I
>mean is there a way to have the page scroll ones you hit the border.

Are you referring to when using structural navigation or when navigating with
regular brltty commands?

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |