[BRLTTY] Math symbols in brltty

Tom Masterson kd7cyu at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 17:33:41 EDT 2020

On Tue, 15 Sep 2020, Dave Mielke wrote:

> [quoted lines by Tom Masterson on 2020/09/15 at 11:31 -0700]
>
>> Is there a way to have brltty read the symbols like the leftarrow with
>> underline as <= or some equivalent when looking at mathematical equation? My
>> current setup shows all such symbols as a ?.
>
> Are these common mistypings? If so, they could be defined as common aliases
> (equivalents) the way we already do for some other characters.
They are not mistypings technically.  They are just using characters in
the over 128 set though I don't know specifically which ones.  The text
was given to me from a web page that may have been using mathtml or
something similar.

> Also, are you referring to computer or literary
braille?
I am working with computer braille (*-dot) on a humanware brailliant 40.