[BRLTTY] Making the display stay at one position

Rob Hudson rob_hudson3182 at opopanax.net
Fri Sep 18 07:21:35 EDT 2020

My display is a basic braille from  handy tech, my BRLTTY is 6.1
I have an lftp> command window open, with a file transfer going.
I want to watch the status of the transfer.
The line looks something like this.
..long file name - some more of the name.rar at xxxx (30%) 300kb/s ETA xx
I can only get the braille window to scroll to the name.rar at part. In other words, the last part of the file name, the word at, and then a lot of blank space. Hitting next window key will not bring it up.
The actual transfer status, speed etc  do not show.
In order to make it show, I hit the cursor routing button at the space just to right of the word at
It flashed briefly, then returned to the top of the line.
How can I get BRLTTY to stay where I put it?
I'm sorry this is a little murky, but I can't think of a better way to explain it. I want the program to stick to the part of the screen I tell it to stick.