[BRLTTY] Installed latest BRLTTY on Android but Chorded commands for Global Actions not working (using Brailliant BI 40)

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Tue Jun 8 05:27:33 EDT 2021

[quoted lines by Vivien Palcic on 2021/06/08 at 15:17 +0800]

>I was looking forward to being able to use the chorded commands for the global actions - eg Space + Dots78 + Dots125 (h) for going to the Home screen. I thought this might be an easier alternative than the combinations with the cursor routing keys and Space, which I was previously using;

Yes, that's the main reason they were added.

>however, I can't get these chorded commands to work, and I've tried searching in the list of key bindings for my Braille device (Brailliant BI 40), but can't work out why this might not be working.

You won't find them if you're looking for them on brltty's web site. The reason is that those comands are conditionally included only if the key table is being read on Android.

>I'd greatly appreciate your assistance.

I can't think of any reason that they wouldn't work so, even though it may well be a dumb question, I'm wondering if you might be having trouble pressing all those keys at the same time. It isn't a sequence - all six keys (for Space + Dots78 + Dots125) must be pressed together.

If you're sure you're doing it right then we'd need to have a look at a log. Do you know how to get the device's log? If you do, or once you do, I'll let you know how to proceed.

>I hadn't checked in quite a while for updates to BRLTTY. This time I installed the latest version via the Google Playstore. I didn't think this would impact the way it works, even though I was previously downloading it from the website onto my computer, copying the file onto my phone and installing it from there.

It doesn't make any difference except that the precise source revisiion may be plus/minus a bit.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |