[BRLTTY] Installed latest BRLTTY on Android but Chorded commands for Global Actions not working (using Brailliant BI 40)

Vivien Palcic vivienpalcic at westnet.com.au
Tue Jun 8 03:17:19 EDT 2021

Hello,

I recently installed the latest BRLTTY on my Android phone. (I have a
Kapsys SmartVision2 phone, which is a dedicated phone for blind/vision
impaired people, has a physical keypad and touchscreen, and is running
Android 6.0.) I was looking forward to being able to use the chorded
commands for the global actions - eg Space + Dots78 + Dots125 (h) for
going to the Home screen. I thought this might be an easier alternative
than the combinations with the cursor routing keys and Space, which I
was previously using; however, I can't get these chorded commands to
work, and I've tried searching in the list of key bindings for my
Braille device (Brailliant BI 40), but can't work out why this might not
be working. I'd greatly appreciate your assistance. I hadn't checked in
quite a while for updates to BRLTTY. This time I installed the latest
version via the Google Playstore. I didn't think this would impact the
way it works, even though I was previously downloading it from the
website onto my computer, copying the file onto my phone and installing
it from there.

Best regards

Vivien Palcic