[BRLTTY] Android custom Amharic contraction table

abate tsegaye abatetsegaye at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 06:36:41 EDT 2021

hi brltty list,

I am a nubie for braille displays. I used a braille display for the first
time this month.
I am using the brltty app on an android phone. as a beginner I have two
questions.
1. my primary language is amharic which is the official language of
ethiopia. the builtin amharic contraction table file is too out of date. I
have attempted to update it. how do I submit my modifications?
2. my second question relates to my first question, when I try to use my
modified custom contraction table, brltty works very well if the text being
displayed is a single or two lines. if the text has multiple lines the
brltty app crashes. I don't know how to troubleshoot the problem. so how
can I find out what is causing the crash?
I have attached my modified amharic contraction table for reference.

Thank you!
Abate from Ethiopia

--
written by: Abate Tsegaye