[BRLTTY] Android custom Amharic contraction table

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Sat Jun 19 12:15:23 EDT 2021

[quoted lines by abate tsegaye on 2021/06/19 at 13:36 +0300]

>I am using the brltty app on an android phone.

Where did you install it from? Is it the production or the beta version on Google Play, is it sideloaded from brltty.app, etc?

>my primary language is amharic which is the official language of
>ethiopia. the builtin amharic contraction table file is too out of date. I
>have attempted to update it. how do I submit my modifications?

Sending it to us as an attachment is good enough. Is the one you attached to your message already good enough for us to include?

Another way is to use a pull request on github.

How are you testing your changes?

>when I try to use my modified custom contraction table, brltty works very well if the text being displayed is a single or two lines. if the text has multiple lines the brltty app crashes.

Are you sure that it's the number of lines of text? That'd be unlikely. More likely is that it's related to the content of a line.

This actually reminds me of a bug that's now been fixed so I'm wondering if you aren't using the latest version?

>I don't know how to troubleshoot the problem. so how can I find out what is causing the crash?

We'd need to see a copy of your phone's log. Do you know how to use adb to get it? Feel free to send it directly to me, i.e. not posting it to the public list, if you're concerned that it might contain personal information.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |