[BRLTTY] Latest humanware/APH devices and brltty on Android

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Thu Nov 4 09:56:34 EDT 2021

[quoted lines by henk.abma at gmail.com on 2021/11/01 at 08:49 +0100]

I f9nally got ahold of a USB-C to USB-C cable so have been able to work on this. Please give the latest sideload version a try. If it works for you then I'll publish the change to Google Play.

With a Micro-B OTG cable, you can force the device into host mode. It seems, however, that USB-C, on its own, isn't willing to do that. So, until I figure out a better way, the permission granting dialog now comes up when you click Done on the Add Device screen.

If you check the box to remember then it now really does remember. In other words, you should be able to do things like disconnect/reconnect the braille device, stop/restart brltty, reboot the phone, etc and you shouldn't need to regrant the permission.

Please let me know how it does (or doesn't) work for you.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |