[BRLTTY] Regression: Making selection in BRLTTY clear X clipboard

Aura Kelloniemi kaura.dev at sange.fi
Tue Nov 9 12:17:54 EST 2021

On 2021-11-09 at 00:24 +0100, Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org> wrote:
 > Aura Kelloniemi, le lun. 08 nov. 2021 18:48:54 +0200, a ecrit:
 > > On 2021-11-07 at 21:02 +0100, Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org> wrote:
 > > I wonder what broke them?

 > Was this really working before? The support for the X clipboard is very
 > recent in BRLTTY.

Yes, it worked. I noticed this because I had been able to paste to firefox's
address bar URLs that I copied wit BRLTTY from console.

Anyhow, the change that broke Firefox & LibreOffice pasting could have
happened anywhere, I'm not saying that something in BRLTTY was changed.

 > That's a surprising behavior yes but that's how X works:

Ok, thanks for the information. Maybe Wayland does it differently.

 > Yes, this is all surprising behavior when you are used to windows'
 > clipboard which really stores an OLE object.

I have tried Window$ 98 a few times, but probably I did not use its clipboard.
The experience was so bad, that continued to use DOS before I switched to
GNU/Linux. I have to admit though, that I had prejudices towards Window$ and
maybe I did not give it a fair chance.

--
Aura