[BRLTTY] Using BRLTTY on a Chromebook from a Linux container

Devin Prater r.d.t.prater at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 11:27:14 EST 2021

Hi all. I have a Chromebook, using a Linux container. ChromeVox uses BRLTTY
under the hood for its Braille system, using BRLAPI to control it. However,
ChromeVox doesn't work nearly as well in the Terminal as BRLTTY does on its
own. So, has anyone had experience using BRLTTY on a Chromebook with the
Crostini Linux container? I tried plugging in the Braille display (NLS
EReader from Humanware) and running BRLTTY, but nothing happened, even when
turning off ChromeVox. This may not be possible, but I'm trying to get as
much out of the Chromebook as possible, as my main laptop running Windows
is too slow to be productive these days.
Devin Prater
r.d.t.prater at gmail.com