[BRLTTY] Latest humanware/APH devices and brltty on Android

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Sun Oct 31 20:28:47 EDT 2021

[quoted lines by henk.abma at gmail.com on 2021/10/31 at 20:38 +0100]

>Below is the handshake when the Mantis is connected. I think the information
>you ask is in the first line:

Yes, thanks. Brltty does contain a definition for that device.

Did you say, earlier, that you were given a list of devices which could be granted permission to access the device? If so, which ones were they. Knowing that might provide a hint.

>I'll try the USB connection with a focus display that has USB C as well, to
>see what happens there. First results weren't that good, since Android
>announced the Focus as an unknown audio device.....

That's common and wouldn't concern me. Most braille devices aren't recognized by hosts as such.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |