[BRLTTY] OT: BrlAPI connection through rdp

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Tue Sep 14 18:53:34 EDT 2021

Hello,

Halim Sahin, le dim. 12 sept. 2021 09:24:26 +0200, a ecrit:
> since some time I am looking for a solution to use my brailledisplay
> with a rdp session.

> If you know a better way to do that please

There is no automatic solution (for now). What you can do is to make
BrlAPI listen on TCP on localhost:

api-parameters Host=127.0.0.1:0          # Accept any internet connection.

and then forward that TCP port (it's port 4101) to the remote host.
On the remote host you'll also have to use e.g.

export WINDOWPATH=7

to tell the applications there to show up on VT 7 of your local system.
You can fine-tune with by using e.g. xlsclients to get the Window number
of the rdp window (e.g. 0x80bac2), and then use

export WINDOWPATH=7:0x80bac2

so that the output of the remote applications show up on that window.

(yes, it's in the todo list to extend rdp and vnc to forward BrlAPI
themselves)

Samuel