[BRLTTY] What would be a simple way to detect if a Braille device is connected through USB?

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Tue Aug 2 16:39:03 EDT 2022

Hi,

I ask because in Slint installer I need to do something like :
/bin/stty -F /dev/tty1 cols 80 rows 25
but only if a Braille device is in use.

Currently I test like this:

if grep -wq brltty /proc/cmdline; then ...

But I would like to do that aso if there is no brltty in the command line, but
the device is connected through USB.

I imagine I could issue a command like:

ps -ef|grep brltty
but what in the command line's arguments would indicate that a Braille device is
currently in use, knowing that a brltty is started unconditionally in the init
script of the installer?

Slint is based on Slackware, if that matters, so no systemd and no runit.

Best,
Didier