[BRLTTY] What would be a simple way to detect if a Braille device is connected through USB?

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Tue Aug 2 17:10:46 EDT 2022

[quoted lines by Didier Spaier on 2022/08/02 at 22:39 +0200]

>I ask because in Slint installer I need to do something like :
>/bin/stty -F /dev/tty1 cols 80 rows 25
>but only if a Braille device is in use.

Why? That isn't necessary. For example, right now my screen has 67 lines and 240 columns. Is there something about Slint which makes it seem to be necessary to constrain a braille user to an older style, small screen?

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |