[BRLTTY] Problem with version 6.5

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Sat Jul 2 14:54:38 EDT 2022

[quoted lines by Martin Murdoch on 2022/06/30 at 09:22 +0100]

>* Was using version 6.4 successfully
>
>* Tried to install 6.5 but fails, one message says something like at -
>
>   'Can't open /etc/config ....'

I prefer to see actual error messages. Saying that a message was something like this or that isn't very helpful, and I dn't like guessing.

>Checked and this does not exist in 6.4 file structure anyway..

You can't assume that if you don't remember what the actual file name was.

>So prior to 6.4 = problems, 6.4 worked fine, 6.5 fails and just wont start.

We'd need to see an actual log file of the problem. Run brltty with these two additional options:

   -ldebug
   -Llogfile

and the post us a copy of that log file.

Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |