[BRLTTY] NetBSD

Debee Norling debee at jfcl.com
Fri Dec 9 15:38:30 EST 2005

I'm new to the list but have depended on Brltty for a couple of years now
running various Linux flavors. I also rely on Speakup and consider myself an
intermediat level but only a hobby user.

I've been fooling with NetBSD mostly on vaxes lately, because my husband is
a former Dec employee who collects and restores old digital equipment corp
computers. Most of his buddies have wives who want them to clear out the
garage, but as long as the hardware he collects eventually runs, I'm happy
to have more computers to play with. Setting them up is challenging and
really fun.

I see that the newest Brltty supports NetBSD but I'm a bit lost on how to
run ./configure to make sure it will build correctly. Also it seems like the
NetBSD folks encourage users to work within their pkgsrc system, which
enables you to build packages from source, only Brltty isn't in the system.
Pkgsrc does a lot of the configure step automatically to ensure that
software is correctly set up for NetBSD.

So, my questions are:

* Has this been discussed before on the list, and if so, which month should
I search?

* If it hasn't been discussed, can we?

(I'll ask more specific questions if it has not been discussed before but it
is unfair to rehash a topic which was thoroughly covered in a previous
month.)

--Debee
(Deborah Norling
Milpitas, CA)