[BRLTTY] brltty with mbrola speech

Olivier BERT obert01 at mistigri.org
Tue Jun 13 14:01:11 EDT 2006

On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 11:33:13AM -0400, Dave Mielke wrote:
> [quoted lines by Hermann on 2006/06/13 at 17:16 +0200]
>
> >is there a way to use brltty with the mbrola speech?
>
> Not now, but it'd be easy enough to write an mbrola speech driver for brltty?
>
> I'm not an mbrola expert so I have a few questions. The main one is if the
> voice and phoneme generator need to be specified all the itme or is there a way
> to tell mbrola which ones to use by default?
Hi,

Note that mbrola is only a phoneme -> speech engine.
So in order to be a real speech software, you need a text-to-phoneme
program for the specific language (in this case deutch).
In order to work with brltty, the text-to-phoneme program has to
understand the BRLTTY external speech protocol for example.
This is what the cicero TTS engine does (freench and english only).
Cicero has been developped by Nicolas Pitre.
(http://www.cam.org/~nico/cicero)

Regards,
--
Olivier BERT
e-mail: obert01 at mistigri.org
Etudiant a l'E.P.I.T.A. (cycle ingenieur, 3eme annee)
Tel: 06 07 69 79 71