[BRLTTY] MinGW

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Wed Jun 14 09:22:21 EDT 2006

Hi,

Lars Bjørndal, le Wed 14 Jun 2006 08:20:46 +0200, a écrit :
> I've now successfully compiled brltty under MinGW.

What did you do to make it work?

> However, to load the correct translation tables etc., I had to edit
> a brltty.conf file with filename like 'c:\brl\etc\brltty'. The
> help function are still not available, and also, I cannot save the
> preferences file.

Works fine for me.
What parameters did you give to ./configure ?

> Brltty then look for /etc/brltty etc. and not \etc\brltty etc. as I
> would expect is the ritght thing under MinGW.

No, MinGW uses slashes. It can use backslashes too, but anyway it's just
the same.

> When MinGW is detected by configure, couldn't the correct file name
> and delimiter convention then be selected?

I should already be the case.

> Also, when I use -l 7 -e, I get a strange message about brltty
> terminated as the last message after startup.

You need to add -n for getting all messages. Else you're only seeing the
log of the detachment of brltty.

Samuel