[BRLTTY] Refreshing problems?

Mark L. Melonson variant at pcdesk.net
Tue Nov 14 22:49:04 EST 2006

I am only running console and curses-based applications. I do not have any
screen management systems installed nor am I using any screenreader
package. What happens is cells vanish! I mean, they cease to show up on
any given line. There will be spaces where text should be. Most cells drop
completely, and some dots on some cells will drop off. The cells are
restored when the cursor is place on that given letter. It's hard to
explain any clearer. If I turn the display off it fixes it, but it seems
to alway happen again. Actually, weird, it seems that is messes up, once
it reaches a certain point spot. I just noticed that I can only get about
50-60 cells into a line before it starts dropping random cells increasing
as I get farther to 80. I booted to a livecd I created and the same thing
occurred. Okay, I'm pretty sure it's the display. *sigh*

I guess need to see about returning it. Thanks for the heads up, this was
driving me insane trying to figure out if I was doing something wrong.

Regards,
Mark L. Melonson

---
"In chess, as in life we struggle to achieve that which is everchanging
per every move. The only constants? Ideals and principle."