[BRLTTY] What shall we do with bluetooth passkeys?

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Nov 16 18:49:50 EST 2006

[quoted lines by Mario Lang on 2006/11/17 at 00:18 +0100]

>Stéphane Doyon <s.doyon at videotron.ca> writes:
>> is there actually any way to change the PIN on
>> a Brailliant to something other than 1234?

Yes, as it turns out, there is. It has to be done from the PC, though. I could
write a BrlAPI application for you which does it if you'd like.

>For those displays that always have the same PIN, that would
>be the right thing to do IMO, yet another reason to implement this
>functionality in the core.

There actually is a problem. Until you can see the device you can't probe it to
figure out what kind of device it is. Until you know the PIN you can't see the
device.