[BRLTTY] Dimensions of braille displays

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Tue Nov 28 17:50:46 EST 2006

Sébastien Hinderer <Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org> writes:

> I have th feeling I already heard about displays having one row with
> several cells, plus a vertical line (in other words a column) with only
> one cell. Visually speaking (C representing a cell), the geometry
> woulAbAas follows:
>
> CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
>
> Anybody heard about such kind of devices ?

Papenmeier 2D series.  THe status cells are vertical.  IIRC, most mdels
come with 25 status cells, one cell for a typcail 80x25 screen.
With their driver software, they use that feature mostly to give
an overview of screen contents.  SO if a line is empty, the
cell is empty too.  These status cells have routing keys as well,
for quick goto-line.

http://www.handytech.de/en/normal/products/for-blind/gwp/index.html

--
CYa,
  .''`. | Get my public key via finger mlang at db.debian.org
 : :' : | 1024D/7FC1A0854909BCCDBE6C102DDFFC022A6B113E44
 `. `'
   `-