[BRLTTY] Dimensions of braille displays

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Nov 28 20:13:04 EST 2006

[quoted lines by Mario Lang on 2006/11/28 at 23:50 +0100]

>Papenmeier 2D series.  THe status cells are vertical.  IIRC, most mdels
>come with 25 status cells, one cell for a typcail 80x25 screen.

The largest model has 22 cells. The lower thirteen (10-22, 8-20, ...) are used
by their Windows driver to describe the 25 lines of the standard screen. This
is done by using one dot column (which is horizontal because the cells are
rotated 90 degrees to the right) per line. The bottom column of the last cell
isn't used.

>These status cells have routing keys as well, for quick goto-line.

Since each cell represents two lines, a single click goes to the upper line and
a double click goes to the lower line.