[BRLTTY] Uncontracting the current word.

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sat Apr 28 09:58:32 EDT 2007

While we're talking about the cursor, I have another question. When reading
contracted braille, the word whereon the cursor is is temporarily uncontracted.
This is still true if the "Visible Cursor" toggle is off, i.e. if brltty isn't
showing the cursor.

Is the current algorithm correct or should the word be left contracted if the
cursor isn't visible? At least a couple of things to think about: With the
current algorithm and with the cursor not being shown, it looks a little odd as
individual words become temporarily uncontracted/recontracted while arrowing
left and right.  With a changed algorithm it might look a little odd if the
word whereon the cursor is changes state when toggling cursor visibility.