[BRLTTY] GPM: Inappropriate IOCTL for device

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Mar 26 01:48:01 EDT 2007

[quoted lines by Lee Maschmeyer on 2007/03/23 at 13:58 -0400]

>Has anyone else seen this? Is it hardware specific?

Are you sure that brltty is generating this log? If the log really starts with
"GPM:" then I suspect that it's gpm which is generating it.

That being said, I have seen brltty produce a very similar log in the past
which turned out to be when it tried to query the size of the VGA font table
when the screen was in graphics mode. 3.7.2 may still do that, but I don't
think 3.8 does.

>Have fun, Dave, <evil grin>

Always do! <cheerful face> Being absolutely certain of having been rescued from
the horrors of eternal damnation goes a long way to keeping all other problems
in their proper and miniscule place. Being fairly certain that there are now
only four and a half years to go (most probably October 20 of 2011) until all
this evil is finally over once and for all helps even more. One of the few
things which still causes me great concern, though, is the large number of
people who really ought to still be living in abject terror of that now
all-too-close date but refuse to care about it.