[BRLTTY] Reading Dots 7-8 From BrlAPI

Rob Meredith rmeredith at aph.org
Fri Aug 22 10:27:12 EDT 2008

Dave:

I am not using B9 and B0 for dots 7-8; I am using these both as the space bar which seems to be the common practice with this display. Knowing that you implemented supporting using the Braille Connect 12 explains a lot, since I get dot bits corresponding to would I would expect to be dots 7-8 for B9 and B0.

The Braille Connect 24 does have specific keys for dots 7 and 8; these are called b7 and b8. It also has the B9 and B0 keys that the Braille Connect 12 has, and these keys function as they do on the Braille Connect 12.

I would be glad to help you determine what codes are sent for the specific dot 7 and 8 keys on the Connect 24, but I need pretty specific instructions!

Rob