[BRLTTY] varioconnect40 and brltty latest dev

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Aug 22 15:35:27 EDT 2008

[quoted lines by Andor Demarteau on 2008/08/22 at 20:49 +0200]

>I just connected, ot at least tried to connect, my brand new varioconnect
>40 display to my linux box.
>However, brltty is not recognising it at all.
>I have all brialle-drivers compiled-in with the --with-braille-drivers=all
>option on the configure option.
>My voyager display works fine, the baum does not work at all.

Are you connecting via USB? If so, it may be that it uses new vendor/product
IDs which brltty isn't yet recognizing. Could you please do an lsusb with the
display not connected and then with it connected. There should be an extra line
when it's connected. Please let me know what it says.