[BRLTTY] Brltty, braillelite and cygwin

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Oct 17 11:01:41 EDT 2008

[quoted lines by Lee Maschmeyer on 2008/10/17 at 10:47 -0400]

>Would it help to mention that the brlapi key is in c:\cygwin\etc\brlapi.key?
>That's not the standard location when using the Windows brltty, but if
>there's some way to plug it into NVDA it might make a difference.

I believe someone has said that it does work with certain displays via the
serial port (e.g. MDV) but not with others. That implies that BrlAPI is working
correctly and that it's some aspect of the actual serial communication which is
failing. Perhaps certain drivers use timeouts which are too short for Windows.
Perhaps flow control lines aren't supported properly. Something like that.

--
Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | The Bible is the Word of God.
Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | May 21, 2011, is Judgement Day.