[BRLTTY] Brltty, braillelite and cygwin

Lee Maschmeyer lee_maschmeyer at wayne.edu
Fri Oct 17 11:19:22 EDT 2008

>I believe someone has said that it does work with certain displays via the
>serial port

Not quite. What works for some displays is the Windows version of brltty. I
suggested that for those displays where the Windows version does not work,
perhaps they could use the Cygwin version without running Cygwin. Then
whenever an appropriate window comes along, brltty can read it.

For example, I run brltty (not Cygwin) from the startup folder so it starts
automatically every time I boot my computer. When a console app starts,
brltty reads it.

Simone and Gianluca said Yes, it works for console apps but not for things
that use brlapi. I thought perhaps because the location is in Cygwin instead
of wherever the Windows version of brltty puts it, that might be the
culprit. Probably not, though; as I said, I'm probably showing off my
ignorance.

--

Lee Maschmeyer
Wayne State University