[BRLTTY] New brltty 3.10 windows build

James Teh jamie at jantrid.net
Tue Oct 21 20:41:38 EDT 2008

On 22/10/2008 9:42 AM, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> In addition to that, I have enabled libbraille support (though
> not tested).
This now means that brltty.exe requires braille.dll from libbraille.
This means one of the following:
1. All BRLTTY Windows users must install libbraille. This is not ideal.
2. braille.dll should be included with the BRLTTY build.
3. libbraille support should not be included. This would be fine if the
drivers with which people were having problems now work fine, as I don't
think there are any displays supported by libbraille that aren't
supported by BRLTTY, although corrections are welcome. :) However, if
these drivers are still problematic, option 2 is probably best.

> James, I'm sorry I couldn't include the python fix for writeDots (3936).
> My windows seems completely broken: I'm not able to install cygwin
> packages and python any more (dumb error messages and chkdsk gets
> triggered...)...
Nasty! :)
I've been trying to get BRLTTY to build nicely under Cygwin using mingw.
I've almost succeeded except for iconv. I need to try to get libiconv
for mingw working under Cygwin or some such weirdness.
It'd be good if we can automate this build process somewhat.

Jamie

--
James Teh
Email/MSN Messenger/Jabber: jamie at jantrid.net