[BRLTTY] Brltty on windows

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Sun Dec 13 11:41:55 EST 2009

Øyvind Lode, le Sun 13 Dec 2009 17:28:02 +0100, a écrit :
> I can't find any virtual com ports.

Erf.

> > It's odd that the filter doesn't work, it should and would avoid having to
> switch between drivers.
> > Could you check that the version of the filter that you install is the
> same as the version of the libusb.dll along brltty?
> Version of libusb0.dll:
> 0.1.12.2

And is there perhaps one with another version in c:\windows\system32?

> I can't find any version number of the filter, I just click install filter
> on brltty ->

Ok so it should be the same as the libusb along brltty.

> I don't get a dialog asking me to were to install to.

Yes, it has to be in the system directory.

> Where can I get the latest libusb driver and filter?

Brltty already ships them.  Installing different versions of libusb
would actually only bring breakage :)

> Should I install the libusb driver first and then the filter package?

No need to install both.  Either you get the filter working and then
you can continue using the driver from papenmeier, or you install the
driver, but then you have to switch.  Or you use a virtual port, but if
the papenmeier driver doesn't provide one, that's not a solution.

Samuel