[BRLTTY] BRLTTY on Windows

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Sun Sep 26 13:14:36 EDT 2010

Øyvind Lode, le Sun 26 Sep 2010 19:08:47 +0200, a écrit :
> On 26.09.2010 18:17, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> >Doesn't NVDA permit to not read the consoles, so that brltty gets back
> >the braille output control?  If it doesn't, please suggest it to NVDA
> >people.
>
> I'm not sure.
> I've only played a bit with NVDA.
> NVDA is speaking just fine in the console/cygwin.
> But the problem is that I can't get brltty to work at all.

Even with the libusb-win32 USB driver?  That would replace the
manufacturer's driver and make JFW stop working, but it should make
BRLTTY working.

> The Papenmeier driver don't provide any virtual com ports.
> libusb-filter breaks my system.

So there's the driver solution which should just work fine.

> I guess I can get brltty to work if I install the libusb driver package
> but that breaks Braille in JFW since JFW rely on the Papenmeier driver...

That's why I said if NVDA suited your needs you would be fine with only
NVDA and BRLTTY.

> But as I said libusb-filter don't work on my Windows 7 box.

Please report this to the libusb-win32 mailing list.  I don't have a
windows7 box, so can't really do anything about it.

Samuel