[BRLTTY] new user with problems

S. Massy lists at wolfdream.ca
Tue Nov 8 23:06:43 EST 2011

Hello,

I have no experience with Braillelite devices, so can't help there. This
said, I find it strange that you need to edit a header file (haven't
needed to do that in about a decade): what version of brltty are you
using? Also, beware of typos in command-line, they can be an absolute
bane while trying to set up braille output, at least they have been for
me at times.

With a sound default of brltty installed, I'm pretty sure all you should
need to do is:
# brltty -b bl -d /dev/ttyS0 -t nabcc

I'm sure Braillelite users will fill in the details.

hth,
S.M.